With Google Summer of Code 2017 program nearing its end, it is time to summarize what I got done during the summer working on Batavia.
Batavia is a part of BeeWare's collection of projects. As it is still in its early stage of development, for my part I offered to implement a number of features missing from Batavia, ranging from elemental data types, through JSON manipulation and language constructs such as generators. I posted my proposal in this GitHub thread and kept it updated with my progress on a weekly basis.
Note that by the end of GSoC, we have decided to diverge from the proposal and forgo implementation of contextlib in favor of support for Python 3.6 2-byte wide opcodes.
Overall it was great learning experience and fun. Big thanks to my mentors Russell Keith-Magee and Katie McLaughlin, and the whole BeeWare community.